Granite Supplements - "Pre-Mium" - Evidence Based Pre-workout Blend
"Pre-Mium" by Granite Supplements is all about priming your body and mind to perform at the most optimal level humanly possible.
6 grams of L-Citrulline, 100 mg of TeaCrine®, 500 mg of Lion's Mane and much more!
The approach of which the "Pre-Mium" Evidence Based Pre-Workout Blend takes in preparing you for superhuman efforts is divided into three different aspects:
- L-Citrulline for a massive pump
- A Performance Blend for a productive workout (Creatine, Beta-Alanine and Betaine)
- A Cognitive Blend to help keep your mind sharp (Lion's Mane, Theacrine, Caffeine, Theobromien and N-Acetyl-Tyrosine).
Each of the blends has been very carefully formulated with ingredients that are all in clinically tested dosages: you will not find "Pre-Mium" to be “fairy-dusted” with minimal amounts to make the label look fancy. On top of that, Granite Supplements included a smaller dose of Beta-Alanine (Carnosyn®) upon which a more aggressive supplement regime can be built (for example by supplementing at other times of the day).
L-Citrulline for a Massive Pump
Making sure you obtain a great muscle pump during your workout is just one of the ways of which "Pre-Mium" can help promote muscle gains, not to mention make you feel great and look phenomenal when training as well.
- The husky 6 gram dose of L-Citrulline (as both free form and DL Malate) in strengthens nitric oxide (NO) synthesis by elevating both arginine and nitrite, thus making sure blood vessels are opened up to allow more blood flow into active muscle tissue, while improving physical exercise performance. L-Citrulline may also diminish muscle soreness and thus aid recovery.
Who doesn't love a great pump? Right. Everyone does, but it’s mechanical overload and metabolic stress – the heavy and hard, fatiguing (not to mention painful) training – that are the tried's and true's when it comes to muscle growth signals. Said in other words; outrageous gym performances goes hand in hand with outrageous physiques, and the "Pre-Mium" Performance Blend exploits the synergy of 3 ergogenic ingredients to make sure you get on the path towards this very outrageousness:
- Creatine monohydrate is a supplement staple, and for good reason too: It increases physical performance, muscle and strength gains, and is intrinsically anabolic as well. Granite Supplements intentionally put Creapure® creatine into "Pre-Mium" - as part of a pre- workout formulation – to make good use of the creatine-loading effect of muscular contraction. For an even more effective creatine-loading effect, you can choose to go with an intra-workout carb source (for instance "Recovery" or "Intra-Carb" that are both also offered by Granite Supplements). The reason for this is because of the fact that pairing of creatine alongside carbohydrate means both more creatine storage as well as more glycogen storage. Therefore; intra-workout carbs (with creatine) means higher leves of glycogen and sustained performance during your workouts.
- Beta-Alanine supplementation loads up the carnosine storages of your muscles, ultimately topping off your capacity to buffer acidity during high intensity efforts. In practice, this means a stronger kick at the finish line, better performance while lifting weights or performing intervals, and perhaps even more importantly; more muscle mass over the long haul. Said simply; Granite Supplements paired beta-alanine up with creatine in "Pre-Mium" to give you better gains. The 1.8-gram dose of Beta-alanine (as patented Carnosyn®) that is found in "Pre-Mium" alone should produce a modest increase in muscle carnosine levels, but still limit the skin-tingling (paresthesia) side effect that larger doses of beta-alanine are so very well-known for causing. [NB: Ergogenic effects from Beta-Alanine are most likely a matter of increasing muscle carnosine levels over time. Supplementing with approximately 3-4 grams of additional Beta-Alanine spread throughout the day should produce much higher carnosine levels quicker, but a cumulative dose of approximately 180 grams spread over a longer loading period should also be able to get the job done.]
- Found naturally in food, Betaine acts as a cell volumizer - also known as an osmolyte - and source of methyl groups, which means it is used in the synthesis of molecules like creatine and carnitine. Betaine is both ergogenic and inherently anabolic as well: Just two weeks of supplementation (2.5 grams per day via 2 x 1.25-gram doses) can increase physical performance on the barbell bench press and barbell back squat performance, jumping power, and make fatiguing exercise feel easier. When fed to growing livestock, betaine can increase muscle gains and reduce body fat. More importantly, in exercising humans, the same modest dosing regime is sufficient to amplify both intracellular (inside the cell) anabolic signaling and reduce levels of cortisol in the blood, both of which can lead to more muscle growth.
When it’s time to blast through your workout with tunnelvision focus, be sure that "Pre-Mium" is an energy source that will indeed turbo-charge your willpower.
- Granite Supplements included 500 mg of a concentrated (4:1) Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceum) extract in "Pre-Mium" because of its' nootropic effects: it can both increase alertness during the waking hours, while supporting restful sleep at night, which is absolutely vital for proper recovery.
- The Cognitive Blend found in "Pre-Mium" also stacks three purine alkaloids to make sure you experience a clean mental focus: Theacrine (100 mg), caffeine (250 mg) and theobromine (60 mg). When we're talking strength and power performance, caffeine is not always an effective ergogenic substance for everyone to be taking in all the time. This is why "Pre- Mium" contains maybe the “cleanest” over-the-counter stimulant out there: Theacrine (as Teacrine®). Theacrine helps improve mood, focus, subjective feelings of energy and motivation to exercise. Even after months of daily use (at an approximate daily dose of 300 mg), theacrine does not lose effectiveness or get you into any habit of usage [which may be the case for some caffeine]. On the other hand, co-administering theacrine with caffeine may just actually prevent de-sensitization. The Pre-Mium “alkaloid trinity” is topped off with a small dose of theobromine, which is another mood booster that has also been shown to improve physical performance during exercise.
- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is the source of soluble L-tyrosine in "Pre-Mium". This substance is a precursor for catecholamine synthesis (for example noradrenaline and dopamine), and therefore supporting brain neurotransmitter levels to help improve cognitive performance.
Disclaimer: Responses to alkaloid stimulants are variable. L-Tyrosine may interact with certain drugs (including but not limited to: MAOIs, Levodopa and certain thyroid medications).
For maximised muscle gain potential, you can indeed stack a product like "Pre-Mium" with another Granite Supplements product such as "Recovery".
To have a look at our full line of Granite Supplements products, click here. If you wish to visit the manufacturer's own website, click here.